Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Prodigal Hen

She's back. Whew. The next-door neighbor, AKA Superman, found her down across the street and somehow managed to catch her (she's not easy to catch!) and brought her back. I right away threw her some scratch grains (treats for the prodigal hen). The neighbor is AKA Superman because one time, he jumped the back fence (he's 70 y.o, mind you) and chased a fox that was chasing my rooster, around the house to the front where it stopped and faced him, and he kicked it until it let go of the rooster. That time I found the only vet in Maryland (I'd bet on it) that is willing to treat chickens. The rooster's name is LoverBoy, he's a pet.

What an exciting way to start the morning. Off to try to get my head together and pray the Office of Readings.

By the way, I've added some links, including one where you can find the Office of Readings for yourself (universalis.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment